Mott MacDonald is a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with over 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
We are currently looking to hire a Team Administrator for a 6-months fixed term contract to work with and support our tunnels sub-division. You will be required to provide general administration support to a team of approximately 100+ engineers within our tunnels business. This is a part-time position working 4 hours a day (with some flexibility for start and finish times) Monday to Friday and full-time when covering the other team administrators' holidays and absence.
This role requires enthusiasm, a proactive nature, attention to detail, use of initiative, good communication skills, following procedures, working under pressure, ability to prioritise and ensure day-to-day tasks are delivered and the ability to manage time/work load efficiently.
As one of our Team Administrators, you will provide support to the tunnels team through general administration including helping the team with project tasks, high volume diary management and booking travel and accommodation for our engineers while understanding the requirements for travel to medium category risk countries. You will deal efficiently and effectively with telephone queries including the screening of calls, taking messages, assisting callers with queries where appropriate as well as organise internal and external meetings and social events.
Your responsibilities will involve the following:
- Updating, compiling and preparing reports and other documentation using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other software
- Issuing documents using SharePoint (the Group's Project Information Management System)
- Manage post, date stamp it and mark it up for distribution to the relevant department members
- General typing, editing and formatting of reports
- Assist in compilation of presentations
- Assist in managing electronic and paper files
- Planning, organising and facilitating workshops and manage diaries of selected senior staff.
- Arrange meetings and order business lunches as appropriate
- Interface with key client staff in co-located office
- Cover for other assistants as appropriate.
- Ensure mandatory training and CV's are up to date
- Log annual leave requests
- Scanning, binding, photocopying, printing
- Update and maintain Group Prospect Tracker
- Update and prepare monthly financial spreadsheets
- Record and book Personal Development Reviews and 4 week/month new starter reviews
- Facilities - change/order toner cartridges, report faults on in-house copiers/printers and general office area
- Check invoices and expenses prior to approval
- Meet and greet visitors. Make refreshments if necessary.
- Make up new starter and interview packs
- Order stationery
- Assist team and new starters with any general enquiries
Does this sound like you?
As an experienced Administrator, you have excellent MS Office skills using Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Adobe. You have the ability to prioritise and work well under pressure within a high-volume administration environment and enjoy working in a large team setting. Your strong interpersonal skills mean that you're able to establish and maintain good professional working relationships with both colleagues and clients and you have a good team work ethic. Additionally, you are able to demonstrate a flexible approach to work such as covering full time for holidays.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Higher Education qualified with a minimum A-Level English (or equivalent)
- Excellent report writing, presentation and written/ verbal communications skills
- Effective time management
- Familiarity with using databases
How to apply
If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application to read the full job description. Please ensure to apply online with your CV and Covering Letter detailing why you are interested in applying for the position. The end date for applications will be Sunday 20th October 2019.
We offer a competitive benefits package including our flexible benefits scheme covering additional holidays, pension, healthcare, life assurance, cycle to work, season ticket loan and much more. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.