|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Asset & Wealth Management Overview: J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management (AWM) is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
CAO Wealth Management is a global organization that oversees the business's key transformational initiatives, client and advisor experience, advisor platforms, and client service. The Chief Administration office (CAO) performs a critical role with key partners and stakeholders in helping the Wealth Management (WM) continuum operate more seamlessly across AWM and our Consumer and Community Bank (CCB).
The IBP (International Private Bank) Lead Product Manager will be part of the CAO Wealth Management organization focused on transforming the way our advisors and clients do business within the IPB. The leader will be the catalyst for transforming our IPB advisor experience and be the conduit for which our internal advisors, leadership, product managers, designers, and technologists “go-to” for our IPB advisor strategy, priorities, roadmap, requirements and other SDLC aspects to ensure we execute successfully. The Product Manager will ensure local needs of our International Private Bank are delivered into our global platform. They will partner with various organizations within the firm to ensure our critical initiatives are realized.
- Relationship management: Be the primary point of contact for IPB initiatives, strategy, roadmap and requirements. Be the faceoff to senior leaders and advisors for all aspects of our IPB Advisor platform transformation.
- Have the detailed roadmap and plan to transform advisor platform, workflows and applications. Partner with global product owners and product managers on priority and implementation plans and timelines.
- Lead the IPB Advisory Council: The monthly forum for senior advisors to engage and partner on our strategy, roadmap, priorities and projects. This group of advisors will be looking for your leadership to realize the transformation agenda.
- Be very ‘in touch’ with Advisor needs. Must be assessable, ‘on the Advisor floor’, and engaging in gaps in the workflow, processes and experiences.
Build requirements: Evaluate business problem, request or regulatory requirement. Understand business background, risks/gaps, current operating procedure and systems workflow. Document business requirements.
Lead local IPB projects: Be the lead product manager in partnership with digital, design and technology. End-to-end management and lead the product delivery across the full-lifecycle, from ideation and research to customer-facing design, advisor design, and technological development to production testing, piloting and broad rollout.
- Ensure processes are in place to ensure: (a) tracking workstreams and initiatives, (b) KPI’s are agreed, measured and tracked, (c) proper prioritization and sequencing of key deliverables, (d) risks are addressed and status measured, and (e) deliveries are successful.
- Embody true “customer-obsession” in identifying and leveraging user data, industry trends, and varying forms of customer and advisor feedback to shape our onboarding design and roadmap.
- 12+ years of experience leading strategic, digital or transformational change. Preferably in the financial services domain within wealth management, asset management, digital banking, or a closely related business.
- Experience transforming products and managing product delivery across multiple workstreams with varying timelines, priorities and complexities, ultimately launching new / enhanced product to market.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills to ensure execution and engagement across our leadership, advisors and execution partners.
- Proven ability to build successful internal partnerships across an organization. Influence peers with diverse points of view and build consensus.
- Strategic mindset to ensure a proper roadmap is built for our IPB advisor transformation. Experience building a strategy and roadmap across a large, diverse, global organization
- Effective communicator with excellent written communication skills. Ability to crisply articulate complex technical concepts to senior audiences with poise and confidence.
- Highly self-motivated and ability to remain calm under intense pressure. Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and manage priorities.
- Strong understanding of different technological development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall) and design techniques with ability to successfully lead regardless of approach.
- Prior Wealth Management experience helpful. Former experience as an Advisor is helpful.
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.6 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management advises institutions, endowments, foundations and families through Asset Management and Wealth Management. Our Wealth Management business includes J.P. Morgan Private Bank, J.P. Morgan Securities and Chase Wealth Management.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank advises the world’s wealthiest families and helps them achieve their desired goals. Our teams of Advisors deliver advice, solutions and services across investments, wealth planning, credit and banking to help clients build, preserve and manage their wealth over time.
Our team of specialists works seamlessly to help our clients achieve their financial goals and aspirations. We’re proud to be named ‘2017 Best Private Bank for Ultra-High-Net-Worth Clients’ by Euromoney: Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Lebanon, Qatar, Spain, United Arab Emirates and UK.
“JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.”