|Job Type:||Full Time|
This role is a Maternity Cover - start date from 1st December 2019 to February 2021, for 15months FTC.
Egencia is Expedia Group’s business travel company. In the same spirit, we are pioneers in the industry. Always solutions oriented, we value human contact. Egencia's teams collaborate globally to provide business travellers with the best possible user experience every single day.
As a Senior Analyst, Supply Analytics based in our London office, you will be subject-matter expert in processes and revenue optimisation through in-depth analytics and recommendations to the market, specifically supporting our Supply Transportation vertical (mainly Air, Car and Rail data, but on occasion Hotels).
Working closely with senior management, you will develop complex models and tools, perform and present analysis of supplier data and identify trends, patterns and optimisation opportunities. Development of recurring, and where possible automated, reports and dashboards to meet the teams ongoing needs around supplier data will also be a key part of the role.
What you’ll do
- Provide customized analysis and metrics to support Egencia's value proposition and negotiations with suppliers,
- Deliver accurate and impactful reports based on a solid understanding of the data sources and business needs; Manipulation of data and running models using Excel, Access, Tableau, Business Objects, and SQL
- Assist in the preparation of supplier monthly performance reviews and provide insights and analysis associated with the results as needed
- Production and automation, of standard dashboard and ad-hoc reports to support the Supply team activities
- Identification of untapped revenue improvement opportunities, and production of compelling strategic recommendations in a concise and professional manner.
- Provide guidance to Supply teams, for data mining enquiries and for production of pre-negotiation revenue projections or market share shifting scenarios
Who you are
- You will have a background of working with Airlines (pricing, yield management...), Travel Agencies or similar
- You bring a track record of developing large, complex spreadsheet models, in a relevant analytical role
- You will be an experienced Excel user particularly possessing Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills, including advanced formulae, pivot tables, advanced charting, formatting etc. with experience using Access and PowerPivot a positive
- You have confirmed experience of using SQL, as well as an understanding of business intelligence (BI) tools, such as Business Objects, Tableau or similar
- You bring strong written and oral communication skills
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia Group is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.