|Job Type:||Full Time|
We have a rare opportunity for an Operations Manager to manage our resource levels and standards across eight of our concrete plants. Working between Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Essex and responsible for a team of around 15 people, you will fulfil the requirements of our customers and meet trading expectations. If you are looking for a role with more autonomy and broader scope, that provides an opportunity to really shine, this is a great chance to take your career to the next level.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for operationals budgets (fixed and variable costs) and the assigned asset base, health & safety and the utilisation of vehicles and haulage. You will be comfortable operating across multiple sites and interfacing with customers, as well as have an eye for the more strategic elements which include building close links with our commercial teams thinking about budgeting, capital investment and the outlook for the market.
Other responsibilities include
- Managing the assigned asset base - ensuring all assets are maintained in order that the projected life cycles
- Ensuring that asset transfers and disposals are administrated correctly and that prior approval is secured.
- Compliance to all external legislation and Company standards / procedures, ensuring audits are carried out on regular basis and records are input managed through the H&S database. This inlcudes all aspects of the Quality Assurance Manual including the distribution / control of controlled documents.
- Maintaining a high degree of market and competitor awareness with communication with Area Managers/Area Trading Managers.
- Leading, developing & motivating the Operational team to achieve specific and agreed targets.
- Ensuring standards of excellence are attained in respect of customer service and develop / improve good working relationships with our customer base across our overall product range.
- Promoting awareness / compliance with the Company’s Health Safety and environmental policies and communicate perceived / known non conformances immediately to appropriate department heads.
- Previous experience of working in a multi-site management role, managing teams from a distance is essential.
- Experience of interfacing with customers and a broad range of stakeholders
- Experience operating at a Strategic level, managing budgets and dealing with financial information
- Some Company and Industry/Product Knowledge preferred
- Ability to write business reports and present findings
- Some exposure to distribution and utilisation of vehicles/Haulage
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognizing the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
To be at the heart of construction, we see our people at the forefront of the construction industry, transforming it into a more sustainable future. We employ highly talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We have industry-leading capability in innovation, enabling us to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our customers. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in. LafargeHolcim has a global footprint with leadership positions in the vast majority of its markets and a diversified portfolio with a good balance between mature and developing markets positioned in highly populated areas.
About Aggregate Industries
We’re at the front line of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 330 sites and more than 4000 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services.
We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.