|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a seasoned Investment Banking professional, you’ll have experience developing strong relationships with corporates and financial institution clients and working across different products. You’ll work on deals and transaction across the spectrum of our banking products, including mergers & acquisitions, divestitures, restructurings, loans, and equity capital and debt capital raises.
This position is within J.P. Morgan’s leading Investment Banking M&A team covering Commercial Banking clients across Europe. This is a new and exciting opportunity to build a new business in partnership with different Investment Banking and Commercial Banking teams.
Within Investment Banking, the firm works with a broad range of issuer clients, including corporations, institutions and governments, to provide comprehensive strategic advice, capital raising and risk management expertise. In-depth, industry-specific expertise and regional market acumen enable our industry coverage teams to serve the evolving needs of clients around the world. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term relationships by taking a holistic and forward-looking view on our relationships, and identifying ways to help clients achieve their most important business objectives.
- Identification of business opportunities and the origination of M&A mandates
- Execution of M&A mandates: Structuring and execution of live transactions, including day-to day ownership of client deliverables
- Work seamlessly with J.P. Morgan industry, product teams and Commercial Banking clients across different regions
- Acting as the primary day-to-day client point of contact and lead banker on deals
- Reviewing and coordinating the analytic work of junior bankers to move marketing/execution process forward
- Refining marketing/execution materials for maximum client impact
- Overseeing the creation of financial projection models
- Identifying and managing all risks in a given deal
- Leading client negotiations, Q&A process and management interviews
The work is fast-paced, demanding and intellectually stimulating. This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Must have strong Investment Banking and/ or M&A experience from a bulge bracket Investment Bank
- Experience in training junior bankers
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Impeccable project management and communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with senior professionals, client, advisors and key stakeholders in other lines of business
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently
- Team player able to build bridges and has the ability to connect with people: the CB M&A team will need to efficiently leverage the firm’s platform, knowledge, network and reputation
- Self-starter with the ability to confidently be the point person on a deal for clients, interacting and advising them on M&A process matters
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.