Abcam has an ambitious strategy and an aggressive transformation agenda. To drive this agenda, Abcam is actively building a new Strategic Programme Office. This office is focused on helping to ensure we deliver maximum value from our strategy. We need results-focused high-performance talent to join this effort. Using an innovate internal Private Equity model to programme funding and delivery the Senior Strategic Portfolio Coordinate will drive the overall governance, funding rhythm and reporting processes across the entire global strategic portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the Strategic Programme Office has a single, global view of the truth across all Abcam’s strategic portfolio. This includes project status, funding positions, execution risks, talent maps.
- Owning, and be the superuser of, the global tool (Abcam Results Accelerator) that collates current status of all programmes within the portfolio.
- Working with various PMO and project managers across the business to identify and escalate issues and risks emerging across the portfolio.
- Coordinate Abcam’s internal private equity funding model to ensure that programmes are driven forward with pace and results focus.
- Build and maintain a register of execution bottlenecks/roadblocks across the business.
- Educate and train the business on Strategic Programme Office processes
- Supports innovation/idea generation in functions to ensure a pipeline of ongoing projects and pending ideas to align with short- and long-term targets.
- Drive the rhythm of the Strategic Programmes Office process and reporting.
- Provide guidance and support to project stakeholders in the completion of Project Plans, and other project documents to a standard suitable for the SPO to make investment decisions.
- Proactively chase for updates on the current status of individual projects and ensure the Abcam Results Accelerator is a single source of truth.
- Monitor the realisation of benefits and the ROI of SPO investments during and following each programme
- Experience building and operating within a transformation office/results delivery office or similar
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; advanced master’s degree preferably in business or related field
- Demonstrated programme management experience
- Outstanding planning and organisation skills with attention to detail and a proven track record of managing a high volume of information correctly.
- Highly numerate and with excellent standards of written and verbal communication.
- Strong team-working skills and an ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders at different levels of the organisation.
- Ability to produce and present complex information as understandable reports relevant to the various audiences.