|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMorgan, Chase and Bank One brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at JPMorgan Chase.
The Cash Equities Trader Assistant Team within IB Equities Operations is typically focussed on trade capture and control but also has key interactions at all other levels of the transaction lifecycle, supporting the Cash Equities trading businesses. The team is situated alongside the Front Office on the trading floor, supporting activity broadly across High Touch (facilitation), DMA (algorithmic), and Program Trading (baskets) flows.
The Trader Assistant Team is responsible for:
- Ensuring that all trades executed are entered completely & accurately into the Risk Management systems
- Performing core start-of-day and end-of-day controls to ensure Risk is correctly represented for Front Office
- Ensuring all trade capture and reporting exceptions are verified, cleared and escalated appropriately in a timely manner
- Liaising with various other FO, MO and BO Teams on issues related to Cash Equity trades
- E.g. Broker Pre-Matching & Fails, Settlements, Client Services, Reconciliations, Technology, Business Management
- Daily management of trade life cycle events (expiries, dividends, corporate actions, etc.)
- The integrity and continuous improvement of the pre and post trade controls environment
- Maximizing trade processing STP through tactical problem solving and root cause analysis
- Producing analysis for the trading desks and senior management
- Providing input into core projects including; industry-wide initiatives, regulatory, trading strategy, operational programs
Key traits required:
- Understanding of Cash Equities products and trading workflows
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience of trade workflows and appreciation of Legal Entity frameworks
- Familiarity of various risk management systems and an advanced MS Excel skill set
- Dedication and the ability to adapt to different business needs
The specific experience necessary for this position is:
- Strong securities knowledge is required, knowledge of derivatives products is a plus
- A minimum of one year prior Operational and/or line experience, is required
- Self-motivation and demonstration of initiative
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication presentation skills
- Highly organized
- Extremely detailed orientated
- Control orientated
- Keen to question everything and understand the detail behind the numbers and/or process
- BA or BS degree is necessary
- Strong PC Skills : in particular Excel, Word and PowerPoint
JP Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.