|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are Global, home to some of the biggest and most loved brands in the UK; Heart, Capital, Classic FM, Smooth LBC, Radio X, Capital Xtra and Gold. We are also one of the leading Outdoor advertising companies due to our recent acquisitions of Exterion, Primesight and Outdoor Plus; not to mention, operating DAX, the largest automated advertising platform in the world.
Like many organisations, Global is looking to better utilise its data assets for commercial gain, however unlike others, Global has direct access to a broad portfolio of (often unique) datasets and a culture of fast-paced technology delivery that’s comfortable with turning ideas into action. With this, we are seeking a SQL Developer who’ll help us to build and operate our data warehouses so that they are capable of withstanding our growth and ambitions.
You’ll be working within Global’s Data Team, who currently provide data and analytics to many teams across the organisation, with datasets ranging from revenue and financial, to ad-logs and broadcast streaming information. With the growing variety of data and increasing opportunities to develop new data-driven products, we’re looking for somebody to draw these together and aid the business in producing actionable insight.
Ideal candidates will be keen to work with others within the organisation to access the data that they need and manipulate it successfully. They will understand how to manage large queries and be comfortable with developing best practices for the organisation.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- An expert in writing SQL queries for Big Data (Snowflake, Athena, Big Query)
- An expert in cloud data warehouses (Snowflake, Redshift, etc.)
- Proficiency in data warehousing best practices and modelling techniques (Kimball, Star Schema etc.)
- Proficiency with cloud services (AWS etc.)
- Proficiency with programming languages (Python, C# etc.)
- Experience with BI/Data Analysis technologies
- Understanding and/or application of Agile Methodologies
- You should enjoy working with challenging problems of scale and complexity
- You should be a team player and happy to guide and train the wider team on best practice
- You should enjoy building well engineered solutions in a fast-paced environment
- You should be able to communicate with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders around the business
- You should be keen to try new technologies and concepts