|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald Ireland is seeking a Senior Environmental Planner/Scientist to join their Environment business to work alongside engineers, scientists, planners and other staff in developing some of the most exciting infrastructure projects in Ireland, particularly in the water, energy and transport sectors. The role will be based in either Dublin or Cork subject to the successful candidate's preference. This position can be offered on either a full-time or a part-time basis. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
The successful candidate will carry out the following:
- Work as part of and support cross disciplinary teams working in preliminary design, statutory consent and construction stage projects
- Provide leadership in statutory consent applications for large scale public infrastructure (e.g. SID and conventional planning applications in the transport, water and power sectors)
- Management/supervision of the preparation of statutory consent applications and associated reports including, e.g. EIARs, AAs, NISs, FRAs
- Coordinate and mentor junior staff
- Commercial management of projects
- Client relationship management
The successful candidate will possess the following;
- Hold a level 8 qualification in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Ecology or Town/Land-Use Planning
- Hold Chartered Status and membership of a relevant professional organisation (MIEEM, MIEMA, MRUP, MIPI, CIWEM, Engineers Ireland);
- Strong knowledge of planning legislation, policy and practice as it relates to the delivery of infrastructure in the power, water or transport sectors;
- Have a proven track record in securing planning consent for infrastructure projects;
- Have excellent and written communication skills, with the ability to integrate into the existing team, and work alongside colleagues of other disciplines;
- Have good commercial acumen and effective client facing skills;
- Have effective business winning/client relationship skills;
- Have good mentoring skills to supervise and assist junior team members;
- Have excellent report writing, presentation and communication skills with a strong â€~can doâ€™ attitude;
- Full driving licence essential.
Equality, diversity and inclusion Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
Flexible working At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.