|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan has operated in Europe for nearly 200 years and has a sophisticated local market presence across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Within the region, J.P. Morgan has an unparalleled client base and leadership across the spectrum of financial services products. As our largest operation outside of the U.S., our regional head office in London is complemented by a strong regional footprint, with offices in more than 30 countries across the region. The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB), which consists of Banking and Markets and Investor Services, supports a broad range of corporations, investors, institutions, governments and municipal entities by providing strategic advice, capital raising and risk management expertise. J.P. Morgan advises clients globally on a wide range of strategic transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs, asset purchases and dispositions, joint ventures, corporate defense assignments, restructurings and reorganizations.
The J.P. Morgan European Financial Institutions (“FIG”) Team is responsible for origination and execution of public and private M&A and capital markets transactions involving corporate, government and financial sponsor clients in the broad Financials Institutions sector. The team has a network of relationships with the most prominent Financial Institutions in the Europe and Middle East regions. J.P. Morgan’s FIG Team is the largest Investment Banking FIG team in Europe and has been the consistent market leader (#1) in terms of Investment Banking revenue over the last three years.
We have an open opportunity for an experienced full-time Junior Investment Banking Associate level in the Benelux team within the broader EMEA Financial Institutions Group.
As an Associate, the candidate will be a key player in the execution of the Firm's business. She/he will work closely with the Benelux team to address the needs of our clients and contribute to building J.P. Morgan's franchise and reputation in the marketplace. She/he would be expected to partner across teams to develop strategies for clients, build detailed financial models, analyse market data and prepare client presentations. She/he would also manage client transactions from pitch to close under the guidance of senior team leaders, prepare detailed valuation analyses, models and presentations as well as come up with innovative and creative ways to solve complex, real-world business challenges.
Our robust continuing education program will further enhance the candidate’s on-going development and career progression.
Most importantly, the candidate will be highly enthusiastic about J.P. Morgan's mission and be driven and committed to its success.
- Participate in the "full cycle" of transactional execution including preparing marketing pitches, reviewing and formulating financial analysis, preparing and presenting internal committee memoranda and client presentations for use in M&A and capital markets transactions or strategic dialogue
- Develop expertise in the quantitative and analytical practices used to develop strategic, capital structure and valuation recommendations to clients and work along-side senior bankers in providing relationship support and executing transactions
- Transaction execution: support due diligence, document preparation, negotiation etc. and liaising with relevant counterpart(s) at the client/other advisers (accountants, lawyers, etc.)
- Keeping abreast of key market developments and establishing knowledge of the target client base and relevant market dynamics
- Training, coaching and mentoring of junior colleagues
- Preference for candidates with prior investment banking (or similar relevant) experience, preferably dealing with financial institutions
- Dutch or French language skills
- Perfectly fluent in English. Additional foreign language skills, while not required, are desirable
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Willingness to develop and ability to learn quickly
- Good organizational skills and rigorous eye for detail
- Flexible and adaptable, able to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Strong team player
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent)
“JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.”