|Job Type:||Full Time|
As one of the largest employee-owned Companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
The Energy Unit, specifically the Transmission, Oil & Gas division are recruiting for an Electrical Project Engineer to join our team in Glasgow. This role is to support client projects from inception through to commissioning and final completion. Typical projects will include working from a client brief to produce tender specifications, calculations, designs and drawings for new or renovated 11kV and 33kV switchgear networks and connections with HV cable connections, transformers, diesel generators, load banks, LV interfaces, SCADA interfaces and protection schemes.
* Prepare and review tender specifications, calculations, designs and drawings for new or renovated 11kV and 33kV switchgear networks
* Carry out surveys of existing installations and prepare reports proposing, with justifications, the degree of upgrade or replacement required
* Developing implementation options and preparing staged work plans and installation method statements
* Ensure compliance with current legislation and standards associated with all engineering aspects of delegated projects
* Regular client facing contact
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential as the role will require preparation of specifications and reports
* Demonstrable experience within electrical project engineering, with focus on installations from LV up to 11kV / 33kV
* Must have initiative, self-motivation and the confidence to make decisions
* Degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering subject
* Candidates must be eligible to apply for and obtain Security Clearance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.