CIB– Wholesale Payments Solutions – Working Capital – ED
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporates, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With over $23 trillion of assets under custody and $440 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan Wholesale Payments (WP) is one of the world’s largest, most trusted and innovative full-service providers of domestic and international cash management, liquidity, trade finance, commercial card, FX, escrow solutions and merchant services. With more than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, public sector agencies and non-government clients in over 180 countries across the globe, we offer specialized solutions that provide operating efficiencies and value beyond other standardized solutions available in the market. Our global product and technology platform, integrated client service model and network of operational centers enable WP to deliver a consistent set of services to clients no matter where they are across the world.
The Wholesale Payments Solutions group plays a critical role in developing and executing the Wholesale Payments sales strategy for large EMEA HQ multinational clients and global MNC clients operating in the EMEA region. This role is critical to establishing a new working capital team with the objective of developing and structuring strategically important and tailored working capital funding solutions for key clients.
Key Accountabilities/Major Responsibilities
Consult with top-tier / priority corporate clients to:
Partner with the Wholesale Payments product organisation to design client propositions and embed strategies in the product development and marketing process
Promote the Wholesale Payments business in the broader marketplace by contributing to white papers , presenting at industry/professional conferences and managing client events
Provide internal training to sales and coverage teams on working capital topics and transfer successful cases studies to the knowledge base of the broader sales force
Ensure strong risk management compliance and adherence to client relevant Audit, Credit, Tax, Accounting, Compliance and Risk policies
Essential capabilities and experience required
Proven track record providing working capital advisory services to large blue-chip corporates in EMEA
Substantial experience structuring tailored working capital funding solutions for clients
Deep knowledge of trade finance instruments including accounts receivable finance, supplier finance, discounted letters of credit, invoice discounting
Able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of key market trends including the impact of the evolving competitor, fintech and funding landscape
Knows clients’ businesses, understanding their needs and business strategies. Delivers solutions to clients that meet both current and future needs.
Actively partners with other product and functional areas to share ideas, resources, tools and techniques. Drives a shared commitment across the team to optimize business results and the client experience.
- Does the right thing, always with clients' long-term welfare in mind. Is honest, reliable and trustworthy.
- Anticipates issues, thinking and acting ahead. Is creative and flexible in addressing obstacles and solving problems. Manages work effectively to ensure deadlines are met. Is able to prioritize work based on deadlines.
- Financial & Risk Management
- Effectively manages credit / market / operational / reputational risk creating a strong risk culture. Implements strong controls. Creates efficiencies and reduces costs. Uses capital wisely.
- Ability To Work In A Matrix Organization
- Is aware of the importance of building partnerships across the organization and knows which partners are the key to success. Can influence key stakeholders to ensure projects and business opportunities are successfully realized. Escalates appropriately to alleviate bottlenecks in the process. Is astutely aware of how to communicate ideas across/up/down the organization to gain maximum acceptance quickly.
- Motivated by success and passionate about working and achieving higher results. Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties, is optimistic and tenacious all through. Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways and means to improve performance all the time.
- Is effective in influencing others across organizational boundaries to deliver outstanding service to clients. Demonstrates confidence and conviction when communicating with colleagues across the organization irrespective of level or position.
- Demonstrates strong planning skills to deliver results. Acknowledges the need to delegate to achieve objectives. Delivers on objectives as agreed. Successfully manages expectations both internally and with clients. Escalates issues as required. Is not afraid to question business rationale etc. at more senior levels.
– Fluent in English (critical) as well as additional languages would be a plus
General Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in accounting, finance, economics or a related field
- Corporate finance, treasury or consulting experience required, including financial modelling/analysis and preparation of client materials and presentations, with strong track record in treasury solutions and advisory roles preferred
- Hands-on experience working within a client engagement model where building relationships with internal partners is critical to success
- Capacity to innovate across the working capital landscape including strong knowledge of fintech ecosystem
- Working knowledge of the following structures - Regional Treasury Centers, In-House Bank, Shared Service Center, Re-invoicing Centers, and/or Payment Factory (in one or across multiple regions) preferred
- A self-starter and a proactive leader, capable of taking initiative and anticipating business and client needs as well as have the willingness to work hard and be a team player. We work closely with partners in sales, product, corporate banking, and various other groups across J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
“JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.”