|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a talented Senior Wastewater Modeller to join our team in Edinburgh, to help us deliver on our m2 framework with Scottish Water. This Framework offers up exciting opportunities to work on model maintenance, flooding and UID projects across Scotland. Working within a focussed team of modellers you will be helping contribute to the successful delivery of high-quality deliverables. The need to expand our team has resulted from a consistent workload both in Scotland and wider afield that we are aiming to increase. The role will require somebody who can enhance and improve our team and with this in mind a project management skillset as well as contractual / commercial awareness is critical for any successful candidate.
As a Senior Wastewater Modeller, you will lead hydraulic modelling specifically focussed on the wastewater modelling elements of DAS, flooding, strategic and UID projects.
You will contribute your own technical expertise across a wide range of projects not only your own, in addition to coordinating the work of others via project management and interaction across other disciplines and JV partners. This will include monitoring project tasks against budgets and programme, coaching junior members of the team, being able to build strong relationships with key clients and have the experience to be able to chair technical meetings but also understand the project management complexities that each project holds.
- Relevant degree-level qualification, and ideally Chartered with an appropriate professional body
- Significant experience with InfoWorks ICM / CS, including model build and verification
- Good organiser, with excellent multitasking and problem-solving skills
- Effective coacher and communicator; able to explain your thought processes in a logical and coherent fashion in both oral presentations and written reports.
- Solid awareness of commercial and project management.
- Experience leading a team and examples on when this has been successful
- Experience in flooding solution projects, strategic catchment studies and surface water management projects
- Relationship builder. Track record in building strong relationships with key clients.
- Ability to work as part of a wider team or with a sub-consultant