|Location:||City of Bristol|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald's support services are the driving force behind our organisation enabling us to run efficiently and effectively. The team works collaboratively to offer specialist advice, best practise and technology to all areas of our business specifically designed for our global reach.
An opportunity to take Mott MacDonald's global capability with Digital Design and Delivery to the next level. Digital leadership, founded on solid engineering and management experience, together with a collaborative spirit is essential in being a successful global practice leader for our Digital Design and Delivery Practice. The practice incorporates current and future digital approaches to delivering in a better and different way, such as Building Information Modelling (BIM), Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Computational Design.
In addition to leadership qualities, the ideal candidate will have a civil or structural engineering background with knowledge and demonstrable experience of the formation and implementation of global change and adoption strategies relating to engineering processes and evolving technologies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Role: Working as an integral part of our Digital Delivery team, on a range of work including Buildings, Transport and Water projects, your duties will include:
- Establish appropriate strategy, process and procedures for Digital Delivery on multiple projects, and monitor their day to day implementation.
- Preparation of pre-contract & project Digital Execution Plans including aspects such as the definition of requirements, creation of a project clash matrix, asset information requirements etc.
- Establish appropriate BIM and CAD standards and ensure that they are followed.
- Coordination and set-up of BIM Models, object libraries and integration with the Common Data Environment (CDE).
- Managing the processes & procedures for information exchanges, including revision & suitability code use in a ProjectWise environment.
- Coordinating BIM models and liaising with design teams across disciplines.
- Ensuring that Quality Assurance and Quality Control protocols are followed in accordance with the quality plan and BIM Execution Plans.
- Participating in BIM related meetings and presentations.
- Undertaking training across multiple offices in Bentley systems software including ProjectWise, OpenRoads, AECOsim, Navigator etc.
- Establishing standardised ways of working through using existing and creating new streams of communication and collaboration.
- Building on existing links with delivery teams in our Global Design Centres.
To succeed at this role, you will have:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
- Relevant degree
- Advanced understanding of the design coordination & information management processes.
- Extensive experience in the AEC industry, project management and consultancy
- A technical understanding of Civil & Structural and/or MEP discipline is preferred
- Experienced in the use of 3D CAD/BIM software
- Experience in federated model management & design coordination, including clash detection, setting up & running Coordination & Stakeholder workshops using the federated model & generating clash & coordination reports.