|Job Type:||Full Time|
Use your maintenance skills to help operate a busy quarry safely and efficiently for Aggregate Industries, leading player in Construction Solutions.
About the role
The Maintenance Fitter will be part of a skilled maintenance team responsible for all fixed plant equipment at Torr Works, carrying out preventative, corrective and breakdown maintenance work. Working safely at all times, the Maintenance Fitter will ensure efficient production in support of customer demands.
Duties of the Fixed Plant Maintenance Fitter will include/knowledge of:
- Fault finding and diagnostic skills on heavy industrial plant
- Routine and preventative maintenance
- Experience of working at height & in confined spaces
- Time served as Mechanical craftsperson
- Posses an NVQ level 3 or above qualification or equivalent
- Competent with fabrication/welding and hydraulics
- Competent with lifting and slinging activities
What will you bring?
We are looking for an individual with a positive and flexible attitude, open to new initiatives and business improvement activities, with the ability to work on their own or as part of a team. In addition the ideal Fixed Plant Maintenance Fitter candidate will be;
- A reliable individual prepared to work flexible hours
- A person with maintenance experience of quarrying/mining background
- A positive attitude to Health & Safety
- A can do attitude while maintaining the highest of maintenance standards
What can we offer you?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognising the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
About Aggregate Industries
We’re at the front line of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 330 sites and more than 4000 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services.
We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
To be at the heart of construction, we see our people at the forefront of the construction industry, transforming it into a more sustainable future. We employ highly talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We have industry-leading capability in innovation, enabling us to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our customers. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in.
We want to build a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.