|Job Type:||Full Time|
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Hours: 40 per week
Salary: Basic of £25,000 + OTE £34,000 + BenefitsAt Sofology we do things different. We want to flip the sofa industry on its head and change the game; to make this happen, our Sofologists need to be different too. Forget about pen pushers and clock-watchers, our people are super smart, intelligent and switched on!
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Upholsterer / Upholstery Technician or Service Upholsterer. We currently require a skilled Upholsterer or Furniture Technician with furniture repair experience to carry our professional furniture and upholstery repairs on old and new furniture in customers homes. The successful Upholsterer / Upholstery Technician must have experience working as a professional Service Technician or Upholsterer / Upholstery Service Technician, skilled in upholstery and Re- upholstery repairs and / or furniture restoration experience. We particularly would like to hear from Upholstery Technicians with experience in Leather and vinyl repairs, hand stitching, cabinet repairs, modern and old furniture restoration techniques.
To inspect and repair items of furniture to a high standard, manage your own workload to ensure the efficient use of time & resources and report on recurring issues to maintain product quality.
- To offer and carry out an inspection and repair process to the highest possible level
- To ensure all repairs meet the required quality standard and are free from defect
- To monitor the type of issues coming through the department in order to identify recurring problems
- To investigate recurring issues and offer solutions or modifications to prevent this type of issue in the future
- To make observations of the effects of packing, loading and transporting and offer advice on how to improve it
- To ensure all relevant information has been gathered to guarantee that all required work has been carried out correctly
- To take responsibility for the issue through the repair process and guarantee its quality at the end
What We Are Looking For:
- Have experience in repairing both fabric and leather sofas
- Customer centric and service driven
- Have a natural ability to access and come up with solutions to enable a quick yet effective response to any issues that may arise
- Be flexible with working hours (including weekends and evenings) and have a keen eye for quality
- Have a good background in the use of machinery and tools
- Be an enthusiastic, committed individual