We are FundApps - a fast-growing scale-up that helps investment managers harness the power of community & technology to automate regulatory compliance. We have a stellar list of high-profile clients (including 3 of the world's 10 largest hedge funds) and an addressable market of over 2,000 institutions globally. We are the market leader for shareholding disclosure and have successfully bootstrapped our way to profitability. Strong market traction underpins our desire to transform the investment industry and we have an incredible amount of freedom when it comes to creating our own destiny.
We've won multiple accolades from organisations such as Wired, The Financial Technologist, World Economic Forum and Deloitte. Read more about us and see a video of us live in action: https://fundapps.workable.com/
The Content team is responsible for reviewing and analysing financial regulations and translating these regulations into algorithms. You will be responsible for leading the day-to-day delivery of tasks of the Content team. This will enable the team to support our existing clients with queries related to the interpretation of compliance regulations across 93 jurisdictions, as well as working directly with Allen & Overy, our legal information provider.
You will also be able to get your hands dirty and help coding rules directly into our rules engine as well as work with the development team to enhance the functionality and scope of the rules. It is a role overseeing task delivery and a unique mix of finance, law, and IT.
You'll be responsible for a wide range of tasks including:
- Leading on daily routines and work practices of the team to sure tasks are delivered on.
- Making process improvements evidenced by process metrics to track performance
- Overseeing the creation, maintenance, and enhancements to the rule testing framework to ensure that the rule algorithm follows a test-driven-development structure.
- Communicating with developers, product management, and other team members regarding modifications and enhancements to our service driven by regulatory change.
- Promoting and ensuring best practices for the team is documented around the coding and testing of regulation to ensure the highest levels of accuracy.
- Working with the team to express complex financial regulation into a domain-specific rule language.
- Researching and keeping on top of next gen-tech which the team could utilise.
- Background in a technical, finance, quantitative, or business analyst role (bonus points if it’s in a SaaS, RegTech or FinTech company)
- Critical thinker with solid analytical problem-solving skills
- Scripting experience, e.g. VBA, SQL, ruby, python, to code and test rules
- You're great at explaining things to people when leading, and have flawless written English.
- Authorisation to work in the UK
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Experience in acceptance testing, test-driven development or behaviour-driven development
- Knowledge of financial instruments (equities, bonds, derivatives etc.).
Life at FundApps
🎓 £1,000 learning budget each year and unlimited professional development leave
💰 Peer micro-bonuses through Bonusly
🕐 Flexible working - 90% of our team do it regularly
🚢 25 days holiday leave + an extra day next year if you use it all
🎁 Birthday off
❤️ Unlimited volunteering leave
👶 26 weeks paid leave for all new parents regardless of gender, location or family structure
😷 Unlimited sick and compassionate leave
🎤 Monthly team outings, including crazy golf, karaoke and escape rooms
💡 Peer-led ‘Brown-bag lunch’ learning sessions
💰 Matched pension contribution up to 10%
🏊 Flexible Wellbeing Allowance
We are proud of the diversity of all FundAppers - it makes us strong. You will find flexibility around religious observances, our national flags all around the office, a monthly ‘Laydeez who lunch’ and a Pride celebration with some epic Cher and RuPaul playlists! If you’re looking for a workplace where you can just be yourself, you’re in the right place.