|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are seeking a civil engineer with with experience in the water industry relevant civil engineering design experience since graduating. The role is in the Water Team within the Buildings and Infrastructure Europe unit (BNI) within Mott MacDonald's Edinburgh office. The Edinburgh office location provides an agile working environment in the west end, close to train stations and tram stops.
The role will be varied, working on exciting projects mainly under the SR15 Scottish Water Framework. There is an opportunity to work on water and wastewater treatment works and other non-infrastructure related facilities. Within the wider team there is also work in flooding, drainage, environment and water resources, providing excellent opportunities to develop your skills at Mott MacDonald.
A bit about the role
In this role you will be involved in projects of varying scale from conception through to completion. Your duties will include:
- Assessing and understanding project requirements
- Undertaking civil and structural engineering design
- Agreeing timescales and specifications with clients and managers
- Analysing and interpreting factual data
- Preparation of documents and reports.
- Having an appreciation of the roles of fellow professionals on multidisciplinary projects and interfacing and coordinating with them appropriately
- Maintaining a comprehensive knowledge and appreciation of current technical engineering codes and practices and taking a 'hands on' role in technical matters both at project and divisional level.
- Attendance at project and client meetings
- Mentoring, guiding and managing other graduates and apprentices
Required criteria for the ideal Civil Engineer (Water)
- Civil Engineer with experience (post-graduation) ideally of design of Water projects in the UK
- Experienced in design of water and wastewater treatment facilities and other associated non-infrastructure is highly desirable but not essential.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel to produce project related documents
- Confident with the ability to liaise with clients and supervise other staff and project stakeholders.
- Commitment to professional excellence, personal development and a drive towards achieving chartered status with the ICE or other professional body.
- High level of IT literacy and numeracy skills;
- Flexible approach to work, and ability to prioritise and manage time effectively to meet deadlines and client needs
- The ability to confidently build and maintain external and internal relationships