|Job Type:||Full Time|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
The Energy Unit, specifically the Power, Process & Nuclear division are recruiting a Principal EC&I Engineer to be part of an integral team delivering projects in the nuclear industry. This role will be based in our new Calleva Park office in Tadley and will include client facing responsibilities in your discipline, along with colleagues across other disciplines.
* Responsible for the execution of the C&I work on projects, in accordance with the design instructions and company/project procedures
* Adhere to standards on safety, quality, man hour plans, cost budgets and project milestones
* Identify and plan the C&I scope of work maintaining a fully auditable trail
* Ability to lead C&I teams across our portfolio of projects
* Provide input into new business development, estimating, project planning and execution
* Prepare budgets and manpower requirements and take ownership for successful delivery
* Assign work and deliverables to the C&I team with clarity on scope, quality, and schedule
* Review deliverables for required standard and quality in line with a highly regulated industry
* Attend engineering meetings and liaise with other stakeholders and clients as necessary
* A Chartered Engineer, qualified to Masters or Degree level in control & instrumentation engineering, electrical / electronic engineering, or related engineering subjects
* Previous experience as a lead, senior or principal C&I engineer, with a broad range of control and instrumentation knowledge and experience
* Technically astute throughout the full lifecycle of C&I design, (scoping, specifying, assessing, justification, substantiation & detail design for field instrumentation, control & safety systems)
* Conversant with the latest advances in control and instrumentation technology, (fieldbus, wireless systems and modern standards including detailed knowledge of IEC 61508)
* Delivering designs in a regulated industry (ideally nuclear) to required standards & schedule
* Fully knowledgeable on FEED and EPC project execution (scope, drivers, workflow, interdependencies)
* RE3 (Responsible Engineer Level 3) accredited for control & instrumentation design
* Able to support FMEA, fault tree analysis, safety substantiation and AR&M assessments
Candidates must be eligible to apply for security clearance. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.