|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a talented Design Manager to join our water engineering team in Reading.
This group is primarily focused on supporting Thames Water, with whom we have a long-standing and highly successful relationship. We continue to provide them with vital services across a range of frameworks, from Developer Services and Strategic Growth to major stand-alone projects such as their Water Resource Management Plan.
We also support their Major Projects and Operations teams, providing solutions to improve their wastewater treatment works, including two of the largest treatment works in London.
What will you be doing?
As a Design Manager, you will lead and direct an innovative and motivated team of engineers in the technical delivery of water and wastewater projects (mainly treatment works and pipelines-and-networks). These will include development of brand new solutions, from concept through to construction support, and introducing innovative new thinking to existing schemes.
You will be responsible for successful project delivery, client engagement and business development. You will also mentor more junior staff, and provide technical and pastoral mentoring to aid their development.
You will support our cross-cutting technical practices in developing inter-disciplinary services between water, environment, and technology.
Alongside your technical role, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills in project leadership and business development through engaging with our multiple water sector and regulatory frameworks.
We offer career paths in technical, management or commercial/client-facing directions (or a combination thereof), depending on the direction that best suits your skills and aspirations.
What qualifications, experience and aptitudes will you need?
- Chartered or Incorporated with a relevant professional institution
- Extensive water industry experience (pipelines and networks experience would be particularly advantageous)
- Proven track record in project leadership and delivery
- Proven track record in managing clients and other project stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of designer's responsibilities under CDM, with the ability to lead excellence in health, safety and welfare
- Ability to manage and develop less experienced staff