|Job Type:||Full Time|
An exciting opportunity is available for an individual looking for a hands-on role as a Plant Operative at our Moorcroft site within the Asphalt division here at Aggregate Industries
About the role
As one of our Plant Operatives you'll assist the Plant Manager to effectively control all operations of Aggregate Industries Moorcroft site & its assets. You will responsible for the safe & efficient operation of fixed and mobile plant producing high quality asphalt day and night to the highest quality standards.
Other Key deliverables;
- Promote health and safety to the highest standard within the site.
- Maintain the highest standards of housekeeping at all times.
- Notify line management of any safety concerns, near misses or incidents.
- Ensure the depot is operating within the operating permit as detailed by the IPPC Permit and issued by the local authority.
- Ensure all staff, contractors and visitors are inducted to company standards prior to accessing site.
- Participate in safety tours,meetings & training.
- Carry out fixed plant pre-start checks and ensure that plant is safe to operate.
- Produce mixed material (asphalt) for dispatch in line with company specifications.
- Operate the plant in a controlled, safe and cost effective manner.
- Maximise recycled (RAP) input through good mixing practices.
- Minimise waste.
- Order raw materials.
- Carry out pre-start checks on mobile plant and ensure that it is safe to operate.
- Operate the mobile plant to ensure the asphalt plant does not run out of raw materials.
- Report any defects to line management.
- To oversee the safe tipping of road based aggregate deliveries.
- Reduce contamination of aggregates through effective stockpile management.
- To carry out maintenance including greasing / visual inspections.
- Assist the maintenance team with routine & non routine maintenance tasks.
- To carry out plant maintenance including greasing / visual inspections as per PPM schedule.
What will you bring?
- Strong people and team working skills.
- A commitment to high standards of customer service.
- A sound basic education
- Good level of IT skill.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognising the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
Why join Aggregate Industries?
We’re at the frontline of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 330 sites and more than 4100 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services. A full range of products which will help you work sustainably, safely, professionally and profitably.
We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.