European Head of Valuations, Global Finance
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC’s purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis, accuracy, efficiency, and control to frame and influence business decisions.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of European Head of Valuations.
The Valuations Team in Product Control is a global team responsible for all aspects of the calculation of Fair Value for traded instruments in Global Markets and additionally undertake oversight and support for fair value calculations across the rest of HSBC Group (predominantly Global Banking and Corporate Centre).
Product Control is part of GB&M Finance and is made up of 5 areas: Core Product Control, Valuations, Quantitative Analytics, Quantitative Infrastructure Development and Global Reporting.
This role is responsible for all aspects of the European Valuation team within Product Control, this includes the execution of the control environment and the accuracy of HSBC financial statements specifically in relation to establishing fair valued for traded products across the Group. The role holder is responsible for managing a Valuation team of circa 30 people across 3 sites and additional functional oversight of the Krakow Valuations with circa 20 staff. Therefore total people responsibilities for the role holder numbers circa 50 staff.
Valuations delivers independent price verification, financial analysis and reporting, product expertise for traded products and is a partner to the business. The role holder is also required to manage interactions with Finance, Business, Internal Audit, PWC and PRA.
The role holder is part of the Valuation Management team and assists the Global Head of Valuation in managing the global team of circa 280+ people.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the accuracy, calculation and completeness of a European fair value base of $0.6bn across Global Markets.
- Build and maintain a team of focused technical Finance Professionals who are driven by dealing with complex pricing issues in the derivative market, using robust financial data and insights to control, challenge and support business decision making fair value of all traded products in Global Markets and ensuring an appropriate control environment exists to support the business.
- Provide accurate, insightful, forward looking and timely financials to the business highlighting business performance opportunities.
- Assist the Global Head of Valuations in running a streamlined and cost efficient operating model that supports the Global Finance strategic objectives.
- Establish and run a well-resourced, technically qualified and diverse team with the right people in the right roles in Europe.
- Assist the Global Head of Valuations in establishing and driving Valuation best practice.
- Create an environment where operational risk requirements can be managed effectively, drive a culture of proactive risk identification and timely remediation.