|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Corporate Technology (CT) builds and supports the firm's financial infrastructure to ensure Finance professionals have access to the tools and information necessary to drive success. In partnership with Global Finance Operations (GFO), Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) and others, we deliver solutions that meet the requirements of our key clients - the JPMorgan Chase CFO and Corporate Finance Organizations, as well as all line of business CFO teams.
The Corporate Technology Metadata program is chartered to re-engineer multiple dimensions of Risk, Finance & Capital, HR, Compliance, and Legal Technology Information Architecture to improve accuracy, consistency, and granularity across its data assets for Risk, Capital, and Regulatory Reporting. The team is new and highly motivated. This position provides an opportunity to use and deploy a range of Metadata, Data Management and Data Quality technologies, to take on a challenging role that’s critical to our Financial Regulatory environment.
- Working side by side with the CT development teams, develop data models using Erwin, MagicDraw, or Topbraid Composer.
- Partner with engineering teams to define and drive the big data adoption and implementation within CT.
Develop ontologies using RDF and other semantic technologies.
- Build the firm’s business metadata repository in partnership with the Chief Data Office.
- Partner with the Global Technology Information Architecture team to design and build the firm’s technical metadata repository.
- Document the technical metadata landscape for CT, including traceability & lineage, using a semantic platform and other tools.
- Participate in the firmwide Information Architecture (IA) working group.
- Working in close partnership with the Chief Data Office, perform the IA function in support of firmwide data management initiatives.
- Hands-on data modeling experience using Erwin, MagicDraw or Topbbraid Composer
- Demonstrable experience in developing, validating, publishing, maintaining LOGICAL data models
- Experience with managing meta data for data models
- Nice to have:
- In depths knowledge of linked data concepts and Semantic Web standards (RDF, RDFS, OWL, SPARQL)
- Experience with NoSQL technologies
- Bachelors degree or related relevant work experience
- Role requires Corporate, Investment Banking and / or Retail banking, Metadata process & technology as well as a background data management and data quality.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Technical depth and ability to rapidly understand and communicate the impact of solutions and technology.
- This role is intended to deliver a balanced combination of Data Management, Business Analysis and Project Management skills to a high focused and highly technical team.
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & C. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.