|Job Type:||Full Time|
Job title: Python Engineering Tech Lead
At Hotels.com ensuring that our customers find the perfect hotel is an exciting mission for our technology teams. We're looking for a Python Software Development Engineer to join our awesome team of bright minds. We are building Hotels.com's meta bidding platform (for partners like TripAdvisor, Trivago, Google etc). Our platform enables business teams, data scientists and partner managers to easily create new models, test and learn and submit data to our meta partners. You'll be able to build and continue to improve our platform using open source technology and leveraging the power of the cloud.
- Write clean, efficient, thoroughly tested code, backed-up with pair programming and code reviews. Much of our code is Python, but we use all kinds of languages and frameworks.
- Be part of an agile team that is continuously learning and improving.
- Develop scalable and highly-performant distributed systems with everything this entails (availability, monitoring, resiliency).
- Work with our business partners to flesh out and deliver on requirements in an agile manner.
- Evolve development standards and practices.
- Take architectural ownership for various critical components and systems.
- Proactive problem solving at the organization level.
- Communicate and document solutions and design decisions.
- Build bridges between technical teams to enable valuable collaborations.
- Manage members of the team, providing coaching, mentoring etc.
- Experience in Python, Spark, Hive, Docker, Kafka
- Big Data Infrastructure architecture experience.
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure, in particular with AWS
- Experience building and debugging highly scalable performant systems.
- Experience actively contributing to Open Source Software.
- Experience building data-lakes
- Hold a university level degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- Have a passion for people, helping them improve their skills and grow within the team
- Be the 'go to' person for the team as well as stakeholders
- Have an interest in building world-class, fast-growing platforms in the cloud
- Are keen to work with and contribute to open source projects
- Have a real passion for clean code and finding elegant solutions to problems
- Eager to expand your knowledge and abilities in python, spark and cloud-based technologies
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so. Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Open date: 11 September 2019
Close date: 9 October 2019
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.