Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
- Deliver a number of complex analytics projects within a team, ensuring results are timely and accurate, supporting junior team members and offshore analysts as required.
- Contribute to the project plan by maintaining a record of time spent, raising issues and slippage appropriately, keeping stakeholders and project manager informed on a regular basis.
- Prioritise planned projects and tasks, whilst effectively managing and challenging requests for unplanned or ad-hoc work.
- Be accountable for the integrity and accuracy of delivered results.
- Positively contribute to the vision and strategy of the department, working with the management group and being a role model for junior analysts.
- Develop and maintain a productive relationship with the offshore analytics teams.
- Takes a lead in briefings for team members/ stakeholders on progress of work, sharing knowledge, successes and opportunities
- Communicates confidently with junior team members, stakeholders and peers
- Identifies solutions to emerging risk issues, changing priorities, project completion issues and areas of conflict,
- Challenges established policy and procedures, where appropriate and suggests alternatives. Maintaining compliance with regulatory and documentary requirements
- Draws, formulates & communicates conclusions from own work, recommending further actions, where required