|Job Type:||Full Time|
The EMEA Credit Markets franchise is a leading market maker in European credit derivatives and corporate bonds. J.P. Morgan provides financial assets and liquidity for banks, insurance companies, finance companies, mutual funds and hedge funds. Traders, salespeople and research analysts work collectively to generate ideas and make secondary markets in high grade/high yield bonds/CDS, distressed bonds, trade claims, indices, exotics, and illiquid credits
We are looking for a strong and experienced quantitative individual with extensive experience working on a trading desk. Ideally, the right candidate would have extensive experience in Fixed Income and Equities systematic market-making, algo trading systems, execution and hedging strategies, flow internalization microstructure research, short term price/volume prediction models, client flow analysis
The trading strategist will work as part of the trading team on the credit floor in London with a focus on credit markets, primarily corporates bonds and any related instruments. The environment is fast-paced and challenging. The individual must be responsible, independent and able to work in smooth coordination with the larger team to drive the desk's revenue.
The individual will cover a wide range of responsibilities and work closely with the trading desk to drive revenue and expand the business. These include designing trading and execution strategies; researching micro-patterns and trends; building, maintaining and upgrading applications & tools; supporting day-to-day operation. Some on call time will be expected.
- Work with trading professionals in various countries to help tailor efficient pricing strategies for the corporate bond universe
- Help derive semi-manual/automatic hedging solutions for risk management to help extract the best values out of our flows
- Perform statistical analysis of algorithmic orders (RFQ) to evaluate execution, understand price and market impact and to drive iterative improvements in our workflow and strategies.
- Help develop limit-order-book-like models specifically for the credit markets
- Work in close collaboration with sales to explore ways to expand our e-commerce footprint in the region
- Look for unique automated trading opportunities in EMEA to drive our trading revenue.
- Understand the firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies.
- Balance potentially competing needs across clients, internal partners and the firm.
- Understand the cross-asset element of credit and developing models that incorporate all the elements that drive the pricing of the credit market.
- Help develop the appropriate back-testing and simulation framework for optimizing the appropriate workflow.
- Interest in market microstructures and quantitative trading in global markets
- Attention to detail and adaptable
- Demonstrable proficiency in code design and programming skills, with primary focus on Python and Java.
- Must: Demonstrable proficiency in Tensorflow and C++
- Demonstrable proficiency in Deep Learning
- Interest in applying agile development practices in a front-office trading environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as this position involve frequent interaction with different teams in the firm.
- Demonstrable proficiency with market and product terminology.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively when faced with problems and opportunities. Always looking for new ways of doing things and understanding the benefits of leveraging the firms scale.
- Understands the different types of risk and able to discuss in detail ways of managing these risks.
- Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs.
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, both verbally and via documentation, and be able to defend their validity and target messages to different audiences.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently.
- Advanced degree (Ph.D or Masters or equivalent) in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science. Relevant academic research publications would be desirable
- Experience with data schemas and data structures useful
- Markets experience and general trading concepts and terminology is useful.
- Demonstrable programming background
- Understanding of the electronic marketplace landscape, in particular Bloomberg, Tradeweb, or similar ECN’s in other Fixed Income asset classes
- Direct experience of agile software methodologies
- Must be oriented towards careful system and solution design and implementation.
- Robust testing and verification practices
- Attention to detail is essential.