|Job Type:||Full Time|
Global is one of the world’s leading Media & Entertainment groups. As the UK’s largest commercial radio company, Global reaches more than 32 million people every week including 25 million on the radio alone through its respected media brands; Capital, Heart, Classic FM, Smooth, LBC, Radio X, Capital XTRA and Gold. Global recently moved into outdoor advertising following the major acquisitions of Primesight, Outdoor Plus and Exterion Media. With over 250,000 outdoor advertising points, Global is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in Europe.In 2018 we launched our awards ceremony, The Global Awards, to celebrate the biggest stars of music, news and entertainment. We’re also committed to improving opportunities for young people across the UK. We train the future talent of broadcast and media at our school, The Global Academy, and raise money to support small children’s charities across the UK, through our charity, Global’s Make Some Noise.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Account Manager (AM) is responsible for the delivery of demanding annual sales targets covering new and existing (core) business development within the Private and Public Sector markets across a defined geographical region (East Anglia). As an expert in all aspects of the Global Outdoor portfolio and inventory across a number of franchises in bus, rail and underground, the job holder’s key remit is new customer acquisition to drive brand and revenue.
You will be responsible for developing rewarding relationships at all levels within existing accounts within a given area and will formulate plans for revenue growth and improved client retention. Account Managers will be tasked with ensuring that market share, revenue and margin are maximized across the portfolio.
Role & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a track record of success in delivering sales targets.
- Anticipate barriers to success, formulate strategies and action plans to overcome such barriers, and execute plans by priority.
- Possess absolute commitment to delivery of sales targets, objectives and required management reports.
- Drive change and innovation within Global Outdoor in pursuit of revenue growth and client satisfaction.
- The AM is given an annual target (split into months), across the available portfolio within their geographical area with the clear objective of achieving 100% on monthly, quarterly and annual targets.
- The AM is required to actively engage in demand generation activities on a weekly basis to new and lapsed clients to ensure that new business acquisition forms c. 40% of their output – although this will be set as a separate objective by their line manager, dependent on the mix of agencies / accounts
Key Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience as Sales professional, with a strong understanding of sales best practice and skills spanning: relationship management, prospecting, opportunity qualification and development, objection handling and closing.
- Proven track record of success within the outdoor / media sales industry and the ability to work proactively and demonstrate the flexibility necessary to meet demands of the role to often challenging timeframes.
- First class commercial acumen regarding the advertising industry as a whole, particularly in respect of outdoor advertising and how businesses work, and the ways in which media coverage and budgetary spend are formulated is essential to this role.
- Determination in nurturing key accounts to their full spending potential and demand generation hunger for new business acquisition is essential to this role.
- Candidates should possess the ability and gravitas to: engage with contacts to board level, understand client business pressures, drivers and challenges, and position Global Outdoor solutions in terms of delivering real business benefit – brand recognition, revenue growth, profit improvement, competitive edge, ROI etc
- Experience of delivering media solutions
- History of exceeding sales targets significantly