|Job Type:||Full Time|
We’re bringing Direct Debit into the digital age, building the best system for taking recurring payments. GoCardless is creating a new international payments network to rival credit and debit cards. Our ambition is to break down barriers so businesses can quickly and easily take payments from anyone, anywhere in the world.
We currently process £10 billion worth of transactions for over 50,000 organisations across the UK and Europe - and we are growing fast. With clients ranging from small businesses to household names such as DocuSign, TripAdvisor and the Guardian, GoCardless brings together a range of Direct Debit schemes across the UK and Europe. We’re already well-established in the UK, France, Germany, Sweden and Spain, with more schemes and markets soon to follow. We recently won Xero App Partner of the year for the second time running and enjoy preferred status partnerships with key platform partners like Xero, Salesforce.com and Zuora.
Direct Debit is the most effective way to take recurring payments internationally, offering lower failure rates and fees, along with increased flexibility compared to using credit or debit cards. Using Direct Debit via GoCardless allows businesses to take complete control of payments, either using the online dashboard, through one of the GoCardless partner integrations, or by building a tailored integration using the powerful GoCardless API.
GoCardless is London-based, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital, Passion Capital and Y Combinator.
GoCardless is winning the UK Direct Debit market and rapidly expanding globally. We are building a global bank-to-bank payment network, a $17B market opportunity. GoCardless will ultimately offer global recurring payments solutions for businesses of all sizes. Our mission is to help merchants collect recurring bank-to-bank payments from anywhere, to anywhere, in any currency.
GoCardless is seeking a talented and passionate individual to join as Vice President Product Marketing. This person will build a strategic Product Marketing function to provide a crucial enablement capability at GoCardless. As the company accelerates its global expansion, you will be a critical member of the marketing team. The candidate must be able to analyse markets to determine a focused product marketing strategy that will lead our development teams, and in partnership with product management translate product capabilities into compelling marketing messages centred around business benefits. You will bring a strong history of Product Marketing leadership experience. This role will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and will collaborate extensively with product, development and sales teams.
- Supporting go-to-market success
- Supporting product success
- Company narrative
- Hire and manage an international Product Marketing team that consistently raises the bar for the organisation.
- Proven experience defining and delivering winning market defining product value propositions in hyper growth markets
- Sector experience within hyper-growth technology companies and/or FinTech
- Expert at understanding customer needs and developing crisp messaging and content that resonates with target audiences
- Proven success in a product marketing role within an entrepreneurial environment
- Problem solver
- Organised and independent; a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility
- Experience marketing products in new categories (understanding that we need to condition the market, not just marketing our product and brand)
- Strong leadership skills, ability to perform under pressure and optimise the team’s resources to attain business goals
- Personal drive to work with teams and partnering skills for collaboration with peer groups
- Personal ownership for all work produced by teams under guidance/management
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.