|Job Type:||Full Time|
An exciting opportunity is available for an individual looking for a hands-on role as a Plant Operatives at our Northfleet site within the Asphalt division here at Aggregate Industries
About the role
As one of our Plant Operatives Operatives you'll assist the Plant Manager to effectively control all operations of Aggregate Industries Northfleet site & its assets in the most efficient way possible. Striving to improve site presentation to achieve a good example of acceptable standards, whilst receiving customer enquiries and orders in a polite and courteous manner, maintaining the company reputation to the highest standards.
Other Key deliverables;
- Operation of mobile plant safely and efficiently carrying out daily safety checks.
- Weighbridge duties when required.
- Ensure health and safety, environmental and quality standards are adhered to and met.
- Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping, keeping areas clean, tidy and hazard free.
- Deal with all daily issues professionally and liaise with site management on a regular basis
- Carry out the daily plant inspections and where a problem exists notify management immediately
- Contribute to the effective and efficient operation of the depot
- React promptly and effectively to site breakdowns by liaising with maintenance and assisting where
- Monitor and ensure that all production data, plant stoppages, breakdowns, and logs are documented
What will you bring?
- Sound basic education and a relevant NVQ-level qualification
- Strong people and team working skills
- A commitment to high standards of service
What can we offer you?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognising the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
Why join Aggregate Industries?
We’re at the frontline of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 330 sites and more than 4100 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services. A full range of products which will help you work sustainably, safely, professionally and profitably.
We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.