|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you ready to make an impact at a ground-breaking tech company, powered by the world’s largest online travel platform? Are you passionate about harnessing the power of data to gain business insights and drive business value, interested in the wonderful world of travel and ready to help our company grow? Egencia are seeking a highly motivated Senior Data and Insights Analyst to play a key role in helping to shape our understanding of our customers using the latest analytical tools and techniques.
Egencia may be known as the corporate business travel arm of the Expedia Group, but behind the scenes, life couldn’t be less corporate. Egencians are pioneers, problem-solvers and people-people who collaborate globally to give business travellers the very best experience every day.
What you’ll do:
- You will perform hands-on analysis of large volumes of transaction, agent and customer level data, primarily using SQL and Python/R
- You will work with complex data structures, manipulate, cleanse data and perform statistical analysis
- You’ll develop and deliver models & predictive analyses such as Customer patterns, Customer Segmentation, Retention Analysis, Channel effectiveness & comparison
- You will support testing initiatives (Feature, A/B Tests, etc.)
- You will implement analytical frameworks and/or proposals
- You will participate in and support delivering results and presentations to internal & external partners
- You will work with various partners (Line of Business, Programs, etc.) to support ad hoc requests & initiatives within the context of Client Analytics
Who you are:
You’ll fit into this role if you have / are:
- You possess strong SQL knowledge, to query/join/transform/cleanse data from various databases (AWS, Hadoop, Teradata)
- You are a hands-on practitioner of multivariate statistical analysis (regression and segmentation)
- You have good experience using Analytics software (prefer Python, R)
- Ability to interpret data and analysis results to generate insights
- Proficient using Statistics within a business context
- Effectively communicate complex ideas to primary business partners, both verbally and in writing
- Strong time management and project management skills
- Eagerness to learn the business
- Experience working with e-commerce, customer, or transaction-level data is a plus
- A Master's degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Maths, Statistics, Engineering, Econ, Psychology, etc.), or an equivalent technical undergraduate degree with sufficient work experience
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Egencia – business travel from Expedia Group – elevates corporate travel programs and traveler satisfaction. As the only solution with the same personalized experience across every touchpoint, the world’s most relevant travel options and exceptional 24/7 customer care, Egencia improves compliance and savings for companies large and small globally.
From the original digital travel management company to today’s leading business travel management platform, Egencia takes businesses where they need to go. Connect with us at egencia.com or @Egencia to see the difference when business travel begins with you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.