|Job Type:||Full Time|
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centres, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power
Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
We are looking for a Primary Technical Support Engineer to be based in out Telford site.
Improve Customer Satisfaction by providing a high quality professional Primary Technical Support to Schneider Electric Customers, particularly regarding technical information on products (in some instances prices and discounts included) or application assistance during the pre-sales & after-sales process.
Take ownership and ensure the customer is satisfied before closing the request. Assure a proper resolution for queries related to product replacement, on-site intervention, technical complaints, product selection, troubleshooting and product quality returns. Create/modify knowledge database and review FAQs. Identify new business opportunities, define and quote products based on customers’ requests, coordinating with relevant Quotation, Sales or Marketing contact for special prices. Communicate to relevant sales people.
- Provide 1st level of technical support in pre-sales (product selection, application information) and post-sales (product installation, technical characteristics, technical complaints) telephone and electronic to SE customers and partners;
- Responsible for answering incoming communications from customers on all channels (e.g. phone, email, chat) and prioritizing customer’s support needs;
- Assure proper escalation to the 2nd level support when necessary or to the Service Team to provide on-site support as required;
- Issue quotations in accordance with customer requests and required standards: cross references, configuration, mix of products in cooperation with countries representatives;
- Provide support to customers for product replacement, troubleshooting and technical complaints;
- Complete documentation and follow up on all commitments and customer details;
- Actively create/modify knowledge database, review FAQ’s, promote their usage towards the customers (same for video FAQs and Download Centres)
- Collaborate with Marketing on new product launches;
- Provide relevant product and process training to other team members;
- Ongoing proactive research and learning about new products, technologies and applications;
- Liaise between customers, After-Sales and Marketing regarding Product Quality Returns.
- Responsible for back-up (English language where local not covered) of tasks performed in other teams (technical support, generalist, Lead management, etc) when necessary
- Participation in new product development process (Beta testing, technical proof reading and technical support documentation); contribute to Product Specifications and provide firmware upgrade assistance
- Be able to collect information needed in case of escalation to L2 (electrical single line control wiring diagram, complete drive configuration, context and historical etc).
- Assist customer with obtaining logs and configuration files through the network
- Be able to use commissioning tools in order to obtain configuration files
- Be able to provide technical answers by using documentation (User Guide, Programming Manual, Installation Manual)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (BEng) or Post-Secondary Electrical Qualifications (BTEC/HNC/HND)
- Experience: Previous experience in Technical Support, Sales and/or Customer Service environment preferred; Previous sales experience would be advantageous
- Language: Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is required, other languages would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of electrical systems is essential;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, aptitude to understand and explain technical information,
- Ability to develop and maintain customer rapport;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ERP Systems
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity.We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.**