|Job Type:||Full Time|
Job Description :
Are you an experienced Planner seeking a new challenge?
Interested in joining a leading multi-million-pound organisation to work on a range of exciting schemes?
Do you wish to take on a role with excellent opportunities for long term career progression?
If so, please read on…
A bit about us
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. We are a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
About the division
The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from a few million pounds to £20bn through the technical disciplines of land advisory, programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.
Our transportation portfolio is primarily a UK based business working in four key sectors of rail, highways, land and aviation. We deliver programme, project and commercial management services to clients in mainland Europe, Africa, Middle East, India and Australasia while supporting other parts of the transportation business across the globe.
What is our vision?
Our vision (with the help of you) is to deliver major transportation projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide-ranging consultancy as credible and preferred for our existing and new clients.
Candidate Specification :
A bit about the role
While reporting directly to the experienced Project Manager, the role will see you working as part of the team, managing multiple projects and workstreams on major infrastructure projects. This opportunity will enable you to shape the direction of this growing business globally and be part of the senior team. The focus of this exciting new role and opportunity is to help build the growing business and to manage the delivery of detailed, high quality advice for our clients.
Job Profile :
Required criteria for the ideal Planner:
* The role requires Scheduling-specific knowledge equivalent to a Technical or Business degree and APM PQ qualification
* Demonstrable planning experience in construction or an engineering-based project environment over both the design and implementation phases.
* Experience in using the Primavera planning tool and other project planning management software
* Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis
* Knowledge and experience in scoping and creating a project plans
* A deep understanding of the concepts of Schedule Management
* Extensive knowledge of Primavera P6 or Enterprise Microsoft Project
* Ability to develop, maintain and monitor Project Plans in line with agreed Schedule Management policies and procedures
* Knowledge of Earned Value Management
* Advanced level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contract and work processes
* Preparing planning procedures in compliance with the Project Programming Procedure and roll-out to consultants.
Equality, diversity and inclusion statement:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
* Pension matched up to 7%
* Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
* An annual professional institution subscription
* Life insurance
* Enhanced parental leave
* Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
* Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Does this sound interesting to you? Get in touch today!