|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Information Management
Global Information Management (“GIM”) (Records and Data Management) is a firm-wide team within Compliance and Operational Risk with oversight responsibility for implementation of the JPMC Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) for records and data Management. GIM provides an independent view of records and data risks to the firm’s management and Board of Directors.
The GIM team is responsible for identifying, measuring, monitoring, testing and reporting on Compliance and Operational Risks associated with records and data management. The team works closely with business, legal, risk, oversight & control and testing functions to provide expertise on regulatory and business related records and data management related matters.
In this role the Analyst will support the greater Global Information Management program with a focus on the records and data management requirements within Risk Assessment and Issue Management. This position is responsible for reviewing risk/control assessments and all Issues/Action Plans related to records and data. From the reviews this individual will be responsible for the development of analysis and metrics and engagement with key stakeholders where remapping and/or second line guidance is required and in the development of scorecards and dashboards as needed.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Review output from the CORE and Application Control Assessment programs to confirm accuracy of details entered
- Review each relevant assessment to determine if identified records and data risk has been correctly aligned to the appropriate Compliance or Operational Risk program
- Review risk selection against the processes and activities being conducted; advise assessment owners where amendments are required
- Review control selection against the processes and activities being conducted; advise assessment owners where amendments are required
- Analyse control effectiveness and supporting rationale provided; challenge assessors where rationale fails to evidence compliance to the requirements of the firmwide Records Management Policy
- Engage with, and challenge, assessment owners where no risks/controls - relating to records or data management - have been selected but creation/management of high risk records or data has been determined
- Monitor firmwide risk/control systems of record (i.e. FORCE, CORE or ITRC) for changes to assessment entries after engagements with assessors/key stakeholders have been completed
- Review all Issues raised to ensure accurate records and data management risk alignment and ownership
- Review LOB owned issues to determine if the identified risk has been correctly aligned to the records or data management Compliance and Operational Risk Program
- Review risk selection against the context of the Issues and Action Plans raised; advise Issue and Action Plan owners where remapping to appropriate risks is required
- Review control selection against the context of the Issues and Action Plans raised; advise Issue and Action Plan owners where remapping to appropriate controls is required
- Support the review of Action Plan closure evidence to ensure that the records or data management risk has been fully remediated; advise Issue and Action Plan Owners where new Issues are required where risk remediation did not fully occur
- Support the review of high severity Issues aligned to the Global Information Management aligned risks and develop onward guidance where Issue and/or Action Plan language requires amendment
- Support the review of high severity Issues aligned to the Global Information Management aligned risks and develop onward guidance where Issue requires remapping to an appropriate Compliance or business function
- Monitor firmwide risk/control systems of record for changes to Issue and Action Plan entries after engagements with assessors/key stakeholders have been completed
- Support the creation of second line identified issues, specific to records or data management, where required
- Review internal and external operational risk loss reporting and identify (and report to management) on events aligned to records and data risk
- Responsible for managing individual workload throughout the risk assessment, issue management and operational risk loss review process, including:
- Meeting deadlines
- Engaging with appropriate Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Communicating and documenting review status
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) preferred but not required
- Experience of risk and control processes preferred but not essential
- Demonstrated ability to manage large analysis projects with multiple stakeholders while staying within deadlines
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Experience working with global audiences and remote teams
- Ability to effectively interact with various levels of management and to clearly articulate key messages
- Creative and strategic thinker with a strong control mind-set
- An understanding of the risk and control self-assessment processes
- An understanding of capabilities within the FORCE application
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue. .
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.