Shivani Gopal is the Founder and CEO of The Remarkable Woman and Co-Founder and CEO of Upstreet, a Fintech start-up with the nation’s first share-reward platform to increase wealth via everyday spending. As a dedicated advocate for gender equality and closing the wealth gap for everyday Australians, Shivani also launched “Equality 2050”, a campaign to achieve gender equality within our lifetimes.
Shivani has won the Top 50 Small Business Leaders award and is recognised as a leading feminist and business thought leader, helping women navigate through their careers, businesses and financial success. Her goal with The Remarkable Woman is to help 1 million women and create a ripple effect big enough to change the world.
Shivani’s life motto of, “Dream big, and do the work,” is how she keeps moving with such energy towards her big goals and ambitions.
In this episode we discuss:
- The Remarkable Woman mentoring movement, that Shivani founded when she realised systemic issues cause women to lack financial agency and leadership.
- The link between systemic changes and individual empowerment to drive gender equality forwarded.
- Systemic barriers causing women to compete with each other for limited spots - there is no Queen Bee syndrome!
- The importance of networks and mentoring in opening doors and opportunities.
- The Remarkable Woman success stories.
- Men coming on the journey to create a more equal world.
- The role of unconscious bias and growth mindset in changing the world.
- The rule of three in asking probing questions.
- Understanding your audience when trying to influence people to make change.
- Equality 2050, Shivani's initiative to reach gender equality by 2050 by working within schools.
- How parents can talk to their children about gender equality.
- To live a big life, Shivani's advice is "Dream big, and do the work".
Love this Podcast so much that you can't wait to listen to another? Check out Episode Eight: Pregnancy Loss Support with Samantha Payne
To make sure you don’t miss future episodes of Equality Talks, subscribe on iTunes, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts!
Podcast Transcript Season 2 Episode 7.pdf
About the author
To help women find a workplace that will work for them, we prescreen employers on their gender pay gap data, parental leave policies, flexible working, and more. Find your next role on the WORK180 job board.